Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just watching Sam and Deo interact and every time Sam tried to jump to the top level of their cage Deo would block his way causing Sam to fall back to the bottom level. After a few attempts Sam ran to the far side of the cage and climbed up there away from Deo.

The opening to the top level is a narrow strip the stretches across the cage length wise and from were I'm sitting, off to the side of the cage and below the top level, I can just see up to the top through the opening.

In the dim lighting of my room (Purple Christmas lights) I watch Sam make to the top of the cage and lay with Baz in one of the corner hammocks I made. Just as I'm think 'Aww they're so cute!' I see a rat go streaking across the bottom level of the cage. I jump up and run to the cage trying to figure out were the **** this mystery fourth rat came from only to find Baz playing with a toy on the bottom level of the cage. At the top level of the cage Deo is drinking water and sure enough Baz, who's still at the bottom level, is asleep in the hammock with Sam in the top level. I open the cage and reach into the hammock only to find ... a dark purple scrap of fleece balled up into the shape of a sleeping rat, which Sam promptly ripped out of my hand and dragged back to the corner hammock then gave me a look like he couldn't believe I had the nerve to steal his pillow!

So this is what I have learned:
Dark Fleece+Dark Hammock+Dark Rat+Dim Lighting=Duplicate Baz
Never take Sam's bedding.
Deo's a Butthead.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
haha

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
:lol: very cute. those are the times when a video camera is sorely missed.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thats halarious! Don't worry I've had that happen to me more than once!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ive had a similar experience , only the fleece ball turned out to be my brand new Atlanta Falcons shirt I only had for 2 days. :x

This is what I learned:

1.Never leave items of clothing near your rat cage

2.No matter what mischief my rattys get up to I can never be angry at them for long , their just too cute :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts