Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so tiny Baniwi has totally changed his colors on us! And now I'm confused lol I'd call his color dove but as far as i can tell he has black eyes? And my info says dove is a red eyed type? The pic looks a bit blue, but there is definitely the warmer undertones, and he was a light fawny yellow when we got him. He was similar in color to one of the girls we got at the same time, she's turning into a nice hooded siamese now. (Bit of a bummer, he'd have made a pretty siamese!) anywho, opinions?

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
He looks buff (or beige) to me on the photo but they don't always show the tone well, especially as I'm using my phone. Could well be Dove though if a bit bluer than I'm used to. Dove is blue and mink, Useually Russian blue and UK mink over here. uk mink doves have Black eyes, American mink is Ruby eyed, to confuse matters both genes are present in both countries lol. American mink is much pinkier than uk mink in my experience.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
i should add that Dove agouti can be more yellow to but you can see demarcation on them so it's easy to tell and agouti Dove

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was him Nov 23rd, when we picked him up. Might try and grab a pic in sunlight, but there is heavy clouds so not sure how true it'll come. He is much darker and more grey/blue then he was before his hair molt.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here we go! These show his color pretty well. (And his little baby rex coat gah so cute)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts