Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since i introduced Napoleon to the cage with Panda and Scout, he has ruined the litter box. Panda and Scout are nicely litter trained, but Napoleon thinks it's a playground. He'll pry the clips off the tray and flip it over, getting litter and poos everywhere. Sometimes i get really upset and attach the tray so that he can't flip it, but he just digs the litter out. By the time i wake up, there's nothing left in the box; it's all over their cage and my floor.

So, i give up. Napoleon is the most stubborn, outgoing, pushy little critter i have ever seen, and he's won. Now the boys have shredded aspen in their bottom pan, instead of a towel. i may switch from aspen to YN, if the aspen starts to smell. i guess on the upside, my towel supply will now last twice as long! :D

ARGH! i think i named him too well.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I saw a litter box at Petsmart with a wire ‘lid’ so the litter couldn’t be pushed out. I was thinking about getting one and trying it out.

One of my younger girls had an annoying obsession with pushing all the litter out of the box too. Eventually the novelty wore off and she’s mostly outgrown it now. It might be worth it to try the litter box again when your guy is a little older.

·
Registered
520 Posts
One of my particularly maternal females used to do that. She loved picking up the bedding and throwing it out of the cage...

I understand how irritating it is...

Have you tried YN in the box? She stopped when I switched to that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts