Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! So I am very new to this forum and kinda new to being a rat mom. I had one rat about three years ago and currently just got my new one by surprise!

So my sister has a snake and obviously feeds it young rats and mice. My mom came home two days ago with a rat for the snake and she just stole my heart. I couldn't possible let her be eaten. I did the most reasonable thing I set up a cage in my room and snuck her in and named her Cinderella (Prince Charming if she turns out to be a boy)

However, I don't know her age or gender. I believe she's a female but I'm not 100% sure so I was wondering if yall could help me out!! As I am considering getting her a friend but need to make sure she is a girl so there are no accidental babies. Thank you!

pictures are add to help she is

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is a girl. There are no testicles and she looks old enough now that even if she was a boy the testicles would show. I could be wrong but that seems like the most logical reasoning. ^-^ I'm not able to tell age though. Hopefully someone else can help you with that one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with girl. If my son ever has a snake, I'd think it'd have to be a rule for it to be trained on frozen before we get it. My house would just be over run with rescues! (its also safer for the snake, rats can do some ridiculous damage)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Female, roughly 8-10 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts