Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
To me, its not about Height. Its about Depth, because rats can run up and down stairs, but really its better if they have a larger floor to run on. Martin's cages are nice. the T4" is better than the 11" because of its depth.

and if you get a martin cage, pay more for the coated one, because as nice as martin's cages are, if they don't have that black coating, the rats urine will destroy it and be a waste of money.

Ide go for this cage: The Rat Lodge (R-680).
Its the same price as the one you chose, but its better size wise.

GET THE COATED!! :]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
That first cage can only house one adult rat, but that second cage can house 3. IMO, bigger is always better when it comes to any animal cage.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Regardless of what the calculators say, in my personal opinion the first cage can't even house one rat, because the dimensions are just so small. It's fine height-wise, but 11" is just not enough. For a permanent home, I wouldn't go with a depth of less than 18". Martins should take the HR cage out of the rat section.

I would suggest either a R-685 for 3 rats (it has the same dimensions as a 680, but a full upper level, so there's more room) or a 695 if you'll be getting 4. Especially if by large rats you mean males.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts