Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a baby about a month go and I have five olde girls I thought everything would be fine once she was bigger well I tried introductions and I got bit and the baby got bit twice. I am going to get her a friend and keep those two in the bottom or top of the cage and the five girls on the other half. It is a double critter nation.

Few questions.
Should I put the older girls on the bottom? because right now the older girls are on the top and tear at their fleece.

Will five girls fit comfortably in one half of the double critter nation?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm sorry intros didn't go well :/ I find it's harder for them to get at the bottom level pan, so I would move them. If they fit all depends on your mischief. If you have girls who like their space/are territorial, it may not work. I have eight girls in a double and it's hard to get them off the top, not matter how much fun stuff I put down there. They love being up each other's butts. Haha.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
A CN is desiogned for 4 adult rats. But I guess you could try it with 5. They may all get along as time passes.Lets hope ;)

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its a double CN But the top would be for the older two and the bottom would be for the younger two. I don't think they will end up getting along, it's like they are happy to be the five them and don't want to have another. Before introductions went fine, I think I should have got an older rat instead of a younger one then it would have been fine.

I just don't want the baby to get hurt over something that doesn't need to happen in the first place.

Now about the five that would be in one half. Two are bigger rats, and the other three are what most would call small rats. Right now they are in the top half anyways, and seem happy and comfortable, I will be adding more places for them to go so they have their own spaces. As it was they didn't really go to the bottom of the cage much anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.