Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as any rat owner has most likely experienced my rats have uri's. And rats get them a lot so I did a lot of digging to try to find a way to buy meds for them without having to take them to the vet every time. BEHOLD the answer to my prayers Petpharmcanada.com

I thought no way but I saw they used PayPal as their payment method which means i was protected if it wasn't real but it was! I got Doxy, Baytril, and Azithromycin! it was shipped Monday and arrived today! I bought a scale that measures in milligrams so i can dose properly and made sure the exact type of each med was ok for the ratties!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Shipping is pretty cheap, too! Thanks for posting this resource!

You shouldn't need the milligram scale. You know exactly how many mg of medicine are in each tablet so you can grind tablets up and mix them with a few milliliters of flavored syrup and use a dosing calculator to help you figure out how much liquid to give. For example, if you mix three 22.7mg tablets of enro into three milliliters of flavored syrup, you end up with a liquid suspension of 22.7 mg/ml.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shipping is pretty cheap, too! Thanks for posting this resource!

You shouldn't need the milligram scale. You know exactly how many mg of medicine are in each tablet so you can grind tablets up and mix them with a few milliliters of flavored syrup and use a dosing calculator to help you figure out how much liquid to give. For example, if you mix three 22.7mg tablets of enro into three milliliters of flavored syrup, you end up with a liquid suspension of 22.7 mg/ml.

yes but im not mixing all the azithromycin powder at once as once mixed its only good for 10 days... so im taking out the dose of it they need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts