Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post here! In a couple days I'm going to be getting my first rats, 4 brothers. I have everything ready, but the date on which they are coming home is undecided due to our recent problems with wild rats underneath the house. We've had a ultrasonic rodent repeller set up underneath the house for about a week and I'm pretty sure that drove them all out. But, to make a long story short the people that were supposed to seal up the crawlspace were unable to because there is about 4 inches of standing water. We are working on getting the water out but I'm not sure if everything will be completed by the arranged day to pick up the pet rats.

The rodent repeller says it covers 2000 square ft. but since it's under the house would they be able to hear it? It's set up underneath the middle of the house and the room my rats would be in is located at the corner of the building. Also, how would the noise affect them?

Sorry if this question is confusing and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put it in this thread!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a dog I walk in the summers and his parents had a mouse problem, so they set up a sonic repeller in the basement. It drove that dog bonkers. To be fair, it wasn't exactly a big house, but having a noise that drives out animals because it's so annoying it drives them insane probably isn't the best for pets trapped insid with the noise. I'd turn it off if it were me or wait to get the boys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have 2 dogs and 3 cats and they have never shown signs of being bothered by it. But I guess if you were just walking your dog by the house and that was enough for him to be affected by it, then my rats could definitely be able to hear it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts