Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited to get my babies tomorrow I'm picking them up after physical therapy I'm just curious do you guys know what the best way to get them used to there new home be and what's the longest I can wait to clean the cage because I don't want to do it to close to them first arriving

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also the lady told me to give them fresh orange when I first take them home I'm just. Ruinous what that's for

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Aren't you getting males? Citrus is a big no-no for males, or you risk severe health problems.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I'm confused because I have read about it being bad for males yet the lady said that pit gives them vitamin c or something which they need in a new environment honestly I feel like this lady dosent know what she's talking about so I'm just not going to give them any

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
If she has any bedding/fleece/old toys/huts that smell like "home" that can help. Otherwise, I would give them a few hours to settle in then start bringing them out to explore and play.

·
Registered
219 Posts
For the record, rats naturally produce Vitamin C in their bodies. Us humans don't, which is why we drink orange juice when the flu is going around. Your right in thinking the lady is misinformed. :p
CongRats on your new ratties! Try standing close to their cage and talking to them a lot to get them used to your voice and smell. ^_^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts