Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can tell I'm hopefully getting my babies tomorrow (depending if it snows at this point) I have the critternation and I only have the big shelves in it so they don't have a huge fall (I plan on taking the higher one out when they're older) but I have the food, water bottle and a water bowl that attaches to the bars, hammocks, ledges, something for a litter area and paper pellets to go inside, a 12inch wheel and a 12 inch saucer wheel (just to see if they use them, if they choose to use them then they'll get my chinspin wheel once they get bigger) I have treats of all sorts because I have other small animals as well, a few foraging toys (one just like a mini flower pot with a wood covering the hole and one of the typical wheel things everyone seem to have) chew toys of course and tunnels and other random wooden toys. Is there anything I need before we pick up our babies?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I have a small bin for a dig box until I buy guards for bedding because I heard rats tend to get under their fleece liners

·
Registered
Cloud and Dew (Pearl Merle and American Mink, both with Irish markings)!
239 Posts
Sounds good! You’ll probably end up buying much more stuff then anticipated after the babies arrive, that’s what happened with me 😂 Sorry if I didn’t see something, but it seems that hides are not on this list. If that’s true, you will definitely want to add some cardboard boxes! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good! You’ll probably end up buying much more stuff then anticipated after the babies arrive, that’s what happened with me 😂 Sorry if I didn’t see something, but it seems that hides are not on this list. If that’s true, you will definitely want to add some cardboard boxes! :D
I have some. I forgot to mention them. Do I need them if I have the multilayer hammocks though. I'd rather give them more toys than hides so they don't get bored if that makes sense especially once I take out the one level
Trust me I'm well aware I'm going to buy many more things. I currently have 3 guinea pigs, 2 gerbils, 3 hamsters and 4 mice and I keep buying them things then I have so many extra toys so I end up getting another fur baby. Obviously I won't get any more than what I can't handle or have no room for. I plan on keeping my rats away from my tiny ones so the oder smell won't stress them out... like in a different room away

·
Registered
Cloud and Dew (Pearl Merle and American Mink, both with Irish markings)!
239 Posts
Yes, that sounds great! :D
I think that at least one hide is awesome in addition to lots of hammocks. It really depends on your rats’ personalities, which you’ll soon know! You likely know this seeing as how you have so many animals, but personalities are a big part of what toys to put in the cage. My girls love heights and hiding, so honeycomb and double layer hammocks are really excellent for them!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that sounds great! :D
I think that at least one hide is awesome in addition to lots of hammocks. It really depends on your rats’ personalities, which you’ll soon know! You likely know this seeing as how you have so many animals, but personalities are a big part of what toys to put in the cage. My girls love heights and hiding, so honeycomb and double layer hammocks are really excellent for them!
Thank you so much! I have so many hammocks already from my past chinchilla and all different cuts. I'm so excited. I wanted like a month to get the ok to get my babies and I'm a very very very impatient person.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts