Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i went to the Ratzo Rescue with the intent to pick up two males who are going to their home this thursday via me (oh how i love 3 hr drives) but when i got there she told me she had a hirless........ i wanted to see her because i've never seen one on purpose <---EDIT I meant in person but I left it because I thought it was funny END EDIT....BIG MISTAKE........

well of course i feel in love :roll: sigh,and a few factors made it all to easy to "suckered into" adopting her........

she had been in QT for over three weeks, and there were no friends for her at the rescue aside from being practical she's darn cute, so how could i resist??

she was suppose to be owl food, so I think she was removed from her mom all too young :( but Hollie took her in........ I believe she was in QT for 4 weeks but she's only six, so i'm thinking that means she was only nursed for two weeks 8O I'll chubbie her up in no time but i still worry about her and the duration she was, rather, WASN'T nursed.

sigh......i really understand that other animals have to eat too but it just seems so cruel to separate babies from their moms so young.

she is happily sleeping in my hoodie pocket right now bruxing and being all lovie................

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lol OMG I was typing most of this with one hand before the lil rattie moved to my pocket and it is loaded with funny mistakes (well not loaded :) ).......... i fell in love

·
Registered
798 Posts
congrats, it makes it all the while more rewarding to save a life that had a horrible fate in store. My girls were just abandonned. But O.P. was going to be either shot or "set free" and i think your heart just goes out to them and its easier to bond with them because you pitty them lol.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It IS a lot easier to bond with ratties who've been rescued.

Though I forgot to mention a cool part of the story. She had lots of prospective adopters but upon meeting her she ran away or nipped or what-have-you but pretty much the instant I held her she was bruxing and didn't want to leave. So SHE bonded with me really ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts