Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got it bad. :lol:

I've been waiting for two months to pick up two young rats from a breeder near me and suddenly right when they are ready to go home she stopped contacting me. I've been looking at these little guys pictures online for weeks and was supposed to get them on the 5th or 6th this month. I got one reply to an email on the 5th saying they'd be ready the next day, then that was it. I replied asking for directions on how to get to her, and again, and again... anyway it's the 10th now and still nothing. I'm dying to get my ratties! :roll: What's worse is that I've seen her post on other forums during these past few days that she still has babies available for adoption. Another breeder already picked theirs up. (I'm not breeding, more boys for my current boys)

Oi, should I just keep on pestering her about it? Could she have changed her mind about me adopting them and doesn't want to tell me? Should I just go to the SPCA and resuce some rats.... :p I ggmr bad, I should have had babies a few days ago after waiting very patiently. 8O

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Seems a bit rude to ignore you, even if something has changed... :(

·
Registered
347 Posts
If she was doing that to me, of course I would keep pestering her! (not in a rude way though) I think you should continue asking her politely directions and if she doesn't reply in the meantime, you mays well get rescue rats!
Hope all goes well!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another day with no reply. I did send another email last night also. I don't understand, for 6-8 weeks now we've been emailing each other weekly, shes been great about giving me updates on the rats, etc. My name is even still on her website with my two ratties. She always replies to my emails within an hour or two, for weeks. I've got a new cage all set up, it's begging for some little ratties! It's been waiting for them. My emails have been very polite, I'm not a mean person at all. I just keep simply asking if everything is OK at this point and I have given her my phone number so she can call me if she wants. I just want my ratties. :(

I have no doubts that they will end up in a good home, she is supposed to be a fantastic breeder with a lot of recommendations. Shes registered with the rat breeders association (the proper name I can't recall) and everything! I was so excited about doing it right (even at $20 a rat!). I'm sure all breeders aren't like this at all, I don't want this one experience to set me off from breeders. It's just so easy to walk into the petshop and get that instant gratification of having a baby rat in your hands.

Ugh, GGMR!! :( :p

·
Registered
489 Posts
Has any of her babies actually went home with someone? If not, she may have had a sickness and didnt want you to know.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chrisstrikeagain said:
Has any of her babies actually went home with someone? If not, she may have had a sickness and didnt want you to know.
Yeah, she had a breeder from LA drive up and pick up her rats on the 8th, and they did a rat train and delivered some to the bay area also. After the 6th and 7th of not hearing from her and knowing she was driving to Sacramento to meet the breeder from LA I tried to get in on that too. I'm on the way and offered to meet her somewhere, even in Sacramento, to pick up my ratties. No answer. And shes been posting on other rat forums about still having some ratties available for adoption during these past few days of not responding to me. I'm really getting the feeling she doesn't want to adopt them out to me, which is fine if shes decided that. I have no problems adopting some rescue ratties from the SPCA, I just had my heart set on these little guys.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
something may have gone screwy with her email. i was talking to a friend for months through email and all of a sudden i'm not hearing from them anymore. i run into them a few months later and they were so MAD. they had been sending me emails all along adn were getting no reply. we figured out that for some reason my fliter was sending them into the junk folder and where i never thought that they would go there i never checked and thought they had stopped emailing me. that could be the same problem she is having.

if you see her on other forums then pm her there or call her out publicly. there have been a few posts here when someone was trying to contact someone else. i know our forums are pretty lax but i'm sure the other forums wouldn't mind if you are trying to get hold of your breeder.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
twitch said:
something may have gone screwy with her email.

if you see her on other forums then pm her there or call her out publicly.
I've kept that in mind, there could be email issues. It would just be weird for issues to suddenly show up when we've had no issues before. I use gmail and check my spam folder daily. (I'm job hunting right now so I'm all over my email :p) I guess I could very well be going to a spam folder on her end, but with how much business she does through it (she also runs a home based business) I'd assume her email is working ok.

And calling her out publicly, I've been thinking about that but still not sure if it's a good idea or not. I don't want to start any arguments on public forums or anything, but if she is truely just putting me on a backburner or flat out ignoring me maybe I should reply to one of her recent "rats for adoption" posts and tell people what I've gone through.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She got in touch with me today! Horray!! It seems her internet and phone have been down and shes back in business now, and still has my ratties! I feel so silly! I'm such a worry wart! :p So I'm going to get my little bundles of joy afterall!

Oh there will be pictures. :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Glad everything worked out! Congrats on the new babies!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts