Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering... is this normal? I mean, of course it's not harmful, more tail better balance, etc, etc, however I've never seen a baby with such a long tail.

This is her this week (I apologize it's dark!)

And this was her a couple weeks ago:

Again, not that it's a bad thing but... it seems unusually long to me. Does this happen with youngin's often? I've never had young rats, so I honestly don't know. ^^

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just like people who are born with extra long tongues or double jointed appendages. I'm sure its quite normal for rats to have an extra long tail every once in a while. lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow that is pretty long! People usually don't like rat tails but that's my favorite part! I just want to pet her tail lol. Just seems to be one of those weird things where she just happens to have a crazy long tail :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah I agree with Sarah & Dakotah, my mom haaates the tails but they don't bother me because I love the rats so much. But just as cats sometimes have longer tails, under or over bites, est.. I'd say it's probably about as normal as any other physical pet abnormality.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
What a unique little girl! I'd never thought of a rat possibly having a longer tail than normal lol Rat tails are only second in cuteness to rat kisses!

·
Registered
320 Posts
She may yet "grow into it" too.

Sometimes baby animals seem to concentrate all their growing efforts on one body part for a while, like ears on puppies, or fins on fish, or tails on kittens..or ratties.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts