Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a question about physically going to the vet.

We got three of our boys from the same person, and they sneezed a lot when they first came in. 2 still sneeze on occasion, but one sneezes a lot more. He's also the one who likes to stay hidden in the cage. He isn't spooky and he trusts us, he just much prefers if we interact with him in the cage rather than taking him out of the cage. He gives more licks than everyone else.

Thinking of bringing him to the vet. We even have a vet nearby that specializes in small animals. Pretty sweet. Problem is the trip is close to an hour of bus+subway. He is the only one I am concerned about, and would be the only one I would have see the vet officially, but should he have a buddy or two in the carrier with him to keep him company during the transit? We have 4 boys now, so we could have 2 in the carrier and 2 stay home. What does everyone else do when they have just 1 going to the vet?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd bring a friend for him, trips to the vet are pretty stressful for the fuzz butts so it's good to have a buddy with them. I always bring both my guys, and my vet will look at both of them for no extra charge.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
You have a vet that will look at 2 at the same time for no extra charge?! Wow

·
Registered
601 Posts
I always bring buddies to the vet. :) I really don't like separating my rats from their cage mates unless I absolutely have to. And my vet is kind of awesome and checks out all the rats I bring with me (quick visual exam).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts