Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We feed our macaw Goldenfeast dry mix. I wonder if it would also be a good food for Lucky once I add some rat pellets in to it. Please let me know your thoughts......Many thanks,P.

This is the Carribean Bounty mix: (they have many others)

Ingredients: Roasted Cashews, Cranberries, Papaya, roasted Almonds, Pineapple, jumbo Pumpkin Seed, Banana Chips, Mango, Golden Raisins, Pepitas, Carrots, Apples, cooked and dehydrated assorted Beans and Peas, Sweet Peppers, roasted in shell Pistachios, Blueberries, Pine Nuts, Pecans, whole Dates and Figs, Sweet Potatoes, Green Cabbage, roasted Soybeans, freeze dried Sweet Peas, roasted Chic Peas, Cherries, shelled Walnuts, Filberts, Pecans and Parsley.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I personally wouldn't feed that to my rats as it is mainly seeds a fruits, so it would have a high sugar and fat content.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I feed goldenfeast to my conure. The goldenobles are a better choice to mix into their diet. My conure mostly eats fresh foods, so I'll take some of hers and mix it into their food.

·
Registered
672 Posts
There is a sticky under rat health in the forum tab. It has a complete list of foods a rat can and cannot eat, called Good and bad food for rats and rat recipes. They should at least have a salad daily. Limit fruit to 3-4 times a week as too much sugar can be bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts