Rat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a bag of the Marshall good bye odor treats for my rats. I want to make sure the ingredients are safe and I'm also curious, if anyone has used these, does it really help reduce odor? Here is the list of ingredients:Chicken, Chicken Meal, Rice Starch, Glycerin, Potato Starch, Chicken Flavor, Yucca Shidagera, Salt, Lecithin, Amino Acids (Threonine, Tyrosine, Leucine, Phenylanine, Valine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Lysine, Arginine), Sorbic Acid (Natural Preservative), Iron Oxides

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I would just use vanilla extract the actual stuff not the artificial stuff. You just put 1-2 drops in their water bottle, also offer another water bottle without it in it. It starts working in a few days.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've never used the treats, but the liquid Good Bye Odor works great.

Vanilla doesn't work as well as the Good Bye Odor.

·
Registered
573 Posts
My rat has never had any problems with it. It doesn't prevent her from drinking either. For me, it's the perfect way to cut down/eliminate urine/feces odors. Of course, I also do daily cleaning. So, I can't say how well it works, if a person only cleans the litter pan once a week.

I also use it for my cat. She's quite old and she hasn't had any problems from it either.

I use the one for cats for my cat. I use the small animal one for my rat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks! I went to the petstore to pick some up but they only had it for ferrets. I figured this WASN'T the right one. Anyone know where I can pick some up, or do I just need to get it online?

·
Registered
58 Posts
So it says to add a pump into pets water each day. Since I'm assuming you use the water bottle... do you just put several pumps in the bottle (say 7 pumps if a water bottle lasts a week) or are you switching it out everyday?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I use 2 water bottles. I fill each one half way. I put 1 pump in each bottle. I change 1 bottle everyday. So, each bottle gets changed every other day.

One of my friends has 3 rats. She uses one bottle and puts 2 pumps in it. She changes the bottle everyday. They pretty much drink that much water a day, so it works out well for her rats.

I have another friend that puts 2 pumps in and when the water bottle is empty.... She refills it and puts in 2 pumps again. That seems to work well for her rats.

I think 7 pumps in a water bottle would be "way to much".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts