Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So MORNING :) In a rather good mood today in spite of the fact I have 8 hours sat in the dreaded work office then a ridiculously busy evening (I walk my brothers dog on a Friday, then pop into my nans, then get the rats out, then play with the cats and then cook tea!!!). So how are you all today and what are you plans for this fine Autumn day? :)

Me 10.10.14.jpg

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm glad you're having such a great day! I should actually go to sleep soon. What time is it over there? It's almost 2:30 am over here where I live. Definitely not a fine autumn day lol.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's 9:25am here in the UK :) Oh wow! How are you still awake? I tend to just pass out around 1am latest haha! Ooo, it's lovely and cold here, I look forward to Autumn/Winter every year!

·
Registered
955 Posts
It's pissing rain here in Scotland. The weather was lovely up until last week and then it just snapped to cold and wet with no in between! I'm spending my day at work animating characters for a game we just released on the app store. We're doing a Halloween update so I'm making a little promo video today :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lucky you with the rain! It's my favourite weather so I literally hope & pray for it haha! You have such a cool job... I am eternally jealous! :) I'll spend the next 7 hours online, wandering office to office looking for conversation and outside with the scaffolders, smoking as much as I can take! Fridays are so slow and boring. Long live 5pm haha! :D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hey there, also feeling pretty good, it's spring here in SA but a cold wind blowing today. Have a whole bunch of strangers painting bathroom and burglar bars in my flat. But glad it's finally getting done.

My daughter returns from her dad this evening and although after five minutes I'll be tired already, I've missed her and can't wait for her to be home. Glad the workers will be gone by then otherwise she would be growling at all of them!:D

Happy Friday :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lovemyfurries, get you able to have someone in to paint for you! I have to coax my OH into doing the decorating with either a take-away or a trip to the local haha!! Glad your daughter will be home, I bet thats a great feeling when she comes back!!! And Fridays at work really are the bane of my life! Mondays I can cope with, Fridays just tire me out too much for the weekend! Especially as tomorrow is a fun filled day too... Theres no rest for the wicked aye? :D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ha ha that's what my momma always used to say...no rest for the wicked.

Hope your Friday doesn't drag on too long. The guys that are here painting came mainly to fix a leaky roof, so I asked if they could do the rest as well seeing as my space was already being invaded :)

Otherwise it'll still look the same in another 5 years with nothing being done..haha!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you; me too!!

Ooo what good use out of people already there!! I've been waiting 3 months for my OH to gloss the living room up.. So instead I'm paying my F-I-Law whose been a builder/decoartor for 50 years to come do it for me HA! Me and decorating just don't mix. :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Me neither, I would love to do it myself but due to fibromyalgia and various neck, back and shoulder surgeries, it's a bit tricky for me. I have enough strength to look after family and ratties :) And because they were here as part of the complex job they didn't even charge me extra for labour :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh my!!! I don't have any reasons to stop me decorating really apart from it could trigger my Sciatica and I have a rule that I don't do things that I dont enjoy when I can pay someone to do it for me haha :) Oh that's a right bargain!!! :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
I just came out of sitting in a freezing cold lecture theatre! It was relatively interesting content...but now I'm procrastinating here rather than working on my dissertation :D I don't mind Autumn, it just got cold so quickly!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No heating in there?! :eek: Our office heating has broke so I got them to go out and buy me a personal heater HA. I'm toasty as pie now in my company fleece too. So attractive. Ha :D Got to love a bit of procrastination aye?! I do that Wednesday through to Friday :') See I love how cold it gets so quickly! It's just like BOOM I'm heeereeeee. Out come my Doc Martens and I'm happy :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Apparently not, no one cares about us in 9am lectures! It's so bad, I'm ahead at the moment so I can procrastinate for a day or two :D I have a lack of jumpers and I'm not prepared, just keep wearing to same one...oops. I wouldn't mind the cold if I could join in the rat pile ups!!! Next week is going to be crazy when I start collecting data so I'm taking it eaaaaaaaasy 8)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Topshop, Zara & Primarni have some lovely winter jumpers in now!! I went and bought 14 jumpers last weekend to add to the 6 I'm recycling from last year hahaha! Jeans, boots, jumper & a hat. Thats my winter wardrobe every day :D Yeah I would if I were you!! Have a chillax whilst you still can 8) That WAS my plan for today but I realised I'm on half a day Tuesday so need to make up for that work today... I would like to just hide under my desk for the next 4 hours 40 minutes!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Oh data collection...I'm about to go spend 8 hours in a tiny dark room imaging brain tissue. As terrible as that might seem to some...I love it! lol No lectures today, just me and the scope and some study time...or hearthstone if I'm procrastinating :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why do you all do such interesting things??? I'm sat in the office with 40 minutes left watching Jeremy Kyle... Maybe I just have a really boring career HA :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
It's freezing in my apartment! It's about 10 degrees C in here (or about 50 F)... It's fine once I get in bed with blankets, but I don't think I can study here without turning on a space heater!

My building hasn't turned on the heaters yet :( .

I have a ton of stuff to do this weekend! Clean the babies, clean my apartment , lab reports, studying.... :)

My OH is coming to take me out for my birthday :eek: so that should be nice. A friend of mine wants to meet up to chat about his girl issues lol....

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 41 Posts