Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after falling in love w a rattie at a store and being sold on the idea of a second rattie and companion for my Kane, I went to purchase the little ritten-face and she had already been sold.

After getting over that crushing predicament, I find I am still wanting a new addition.

I searched hard, and ended up discovering "Craigslist". I saw a few days ago a lady posted "free to good home, 7 rats from a litter born in November."
And they are not horribly far from me.

I have been in contact with them, and I am getting a brown self little girl!
The lady will even come to quite near me where I can travel easily.
So.. we just need a definite day.. I think Sat, and need to set a time.

I have never done anything like this before, I feel like I am being an annoyance. I feel badly that they might be attached to the girlie, she sounds great. I wish for the person giving her up to know she will be in good hands. I feel badly that they are traveling further than I am, and
they seemed curt in answering some basic questions I had.. I hope I haven't upset them. I feel like I am being nosy.

Heres hoping it all goes well! >_<;;

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
You're getting a pet to bring into your home, I think a few questions are understandable.

But yeah, I got Lola from a woman on Craigslist (the two year old wasn't quite rat gentle enough...), and it felt totally shadey the whole time, it was so weird. Even though the lady was so nice and everything, it was just weird. Make sure you bring someone with you, though, just in case.... Weirdos exist.

As for them being attached... well, if the rats were in an ad for rehoming, you can bet they've come to terms with the idea that some of them will be leaving.

Congrats, I can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I will have my fiance with me.. I offered my myspace info, and she requested me as a friend. So thats kewl. I learned she is 21 and has a bunch of horses that win some sorta competitions. She said the rats for adoption are from an accidental litter and have been handled since birth. Also, she has never been named.

I asked what kinda food the rattie is eating now, cuz I don't want to change so many things around on her all at once - if some is avoidable, and would gradually introduce what I feed. I'm waiting to hear back.. I told her I would meet anytime she would like.. to try and compensate for her traveling more than I.

I'm starting to think about names.

I hope it all goes well, this just makes my work week CRAWL by... >_<;

1 - 4 of 4 Posts