Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....Besides Petsmart and Dr. Fosters and Smith :p

I'm looking at places that sell a variety of cages and aren't super sketchy. I'm making up my birthday/christmas wish list and really want to upgrade to a bigger cage. That's all I really want for Christmas, this year!

So, if anyone knows of any places or cages specifically, I'd love to know! :D

·
Registered
995 Posts
Martins cages are great! They come in all sorts of sizes and are reasonably priced and last forever. Mine is 10+ yrs old.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sadly, I really don't like Martins cages. I find them to be too narrow and most of them are super expensive considering you have to add shipping. TBH, if I can get a DCN for the same price as the only suitable cage I like that Martins sells (the Ruud, I don't go for anything under 30 inches high and the one 36" martins cage is too narrow, like way way too narrow for me, and the other is comparably expensive to bigger cages), I think I'd have to go with it.

Thank you for the suggestion, though. I just really wish Martins cages were bigger. They sell THREE models that aren't even big enough for rats to live in.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
You can get a DCN right now new for $167.99! I just ordered my add on unit and paid $99 including tax and shipping (by itself it was $87)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ksaxton, where did you find that deal? :O I'd love to know because that's the cheapest cage I've found!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
It's from 1800petsupplies, but you have to go in sort of a roundabout way to get the deal. I'm on my iPhone right now and can't link it to explain how to get it, but I'll post it as soon as I can

·
Registered
159 Posts
This might sound sketchy but if you don't have to have a name brand cage good wills and peddler malls have some really good cages that people just take up there because they don't want to get rid of them.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Check out the ferret cages. The bar spacing is (on mine anyway) 1 inch long and .5 inch wide. Holds my girls just fine. If I had the choice, id go with a ferret condo. Mine is 2 ferret condos and its almost too much room.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PaigeRose, I have been looking at ferret cages too! :D I just don't know where to find them for super cheap online.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Pandora I made a separate thread of where to get the DCN for $167. I think they also sell the Ferret Nation so it would be on sale too!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, ksaxton! It'll really help out everyone on RF drooling over DCNs :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts