Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a SCN on Craigslist. They want 125 for it. No shelf tray, but does have a 2 inch powder coated metal bottom tray. Some rust, no real life photo. Is this a deal or should I just buy new? Thx!

·
Registered
870 Posts
At ferret.com a new single level CN with a shelf is $119.99 right now. I'm not sure what a powder coated metal bottom tray would run, but bassequipment.com has galvanized (should be painted/coated) or stainless steel pans for $23.95 and $43.95. A new shelf will be $15.99 from ferret.com.

You will have to decide whether that cage is a good deal compared to those prices plus shipping costs.

·
Registered
995 Posts
As a general rule, when you list something on CL or a yard sale site, etc, you should set it at half retail and take the best offer. Honestly, I would ask for a picture before you agree to anything. I wouldn't pay more than $80

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
As a general rule, when you list something on CL or a yard sale site, etc, you should set it at half retail and take the best offer. Honestly, I would ask for a picture before you agree to anything. I wouldn't pay more than $80
I agree with the pic thing. Also I think it would be cheaper just to get a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts