Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we had to say goodbye to our lovely bouncy, brave, beautiful boy Bruce. He was diagnosed with pituitary tumour on Weds following a period of weight loss (which we believed was due to URTI.) He went rapidly downhill from there, stopped drinking water and couldn't eat solid foods. We hand fed him baby food, custard and yoghurt all afternoon Weds and through the night, gave him Meloxaid and Baytril (prescribed by our UK vet as "in the small chance it is an infection and not a tumour") and whilst he got a bit stronger physically in that he could stand unaided, he was clearly confused, unaware of his surroundings, didn't respond to his name, didn't recognize our smells. This was so sad for a rat who previously would run to the cage door or to the hand on hearing his name and who sought us out for cuddles and tickles during range time. He was also such an active and athletic rat and seeing him wobbling on his feet and unable to hold a treat in his paws without overbalancing was just awful.We made the heartbreaking decision to euthanize him this morning and took him to the vets at midday. He had such a huge heart in a tiny ratty body, and he will leave a huge hole in our household.He was my son's heart rat and I will always love him for having such a loving and healing influence on my son. RIP BrucieAlso known asMr BallsMr BurrowsBrucie BallsBrucie BonusBruce the BraveGrandad (we have 4 generations of rats from him!)We'll always remember you and love you 💔

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts