Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your little faces will be missed terribly.

We aren't sure what happened to you. Snow went in the night, and Luna took her last gasps in our hands while trying to find an open vet hospital first thing in the morning. There were no signs; you were both so happy, full of energy, breathing clearly.... We are heartbroken. We lost two wonderful babies last night.

Rest in peace.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. My hubby is taking this the hardest; we just got done cleaning out their cage for the last time and he couldn't stop crying. I tend to be the kind of person who has to know what happened before I can grieve. We took them to our vet for necropsies, just in case it was something contagious. It would destroy me to lose my adult mischief...

There was no symptoms that were obvious to me. No clicking, no mucus, no weight loss, no lethargy. They were eating and taking treats. The only thing my husband noticed was, at the night feeding, that Snow didn't greet him at the door. She was awake in her hut with Luna, but refused to come out. She had that sort of attitude though, so he didn't realize something could have been wrong. He's beating himself up like crazy for not recognizing that as a possible symptom. At the end, Luna was having seizures in our hands and gasping. It spiraled so fast, there was nothing we could do, and I've never seen something hit two rats so quickly.

All in all, we miss our babies. They were bonding so quickly to us and were full of fun mischief as well as little attitudes. I'm just happy they got to experience a loving home before moving on, and we got the chance to meet them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That sounds absolutely terrible :( I lost my Luna just as suddenly, and with no symptoms either. Hopefully their pain is over now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts