Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a female who is 4 years old named watson, but we like to call her watsumomo or watsy. She is our little at home furry dentist, and today we just adopted some females from a very nice lady in Indianapolis, if anyone lives in that area or at most round 2 hours away i highly recommend talking to her about rats, she is so nice. Anyway the girls we got today were born in late march - early april and they are so sweet. Ginger is a skittish little girl but she loves to snuggle, her sister peaches is a big female.. biggest iv seen but she's mischievous and loves to investigate things. Then theres berry, she's in between the other two, and all three are still a little shy. I'm hoping they warm up to me soon.. my girl needed cage mates so bad when her sister passed away in march. Hoping to upload pics of them as a signature thing but i don't know how yet if anyone has any pointers...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i believe thats what Judi, the lady who had them was part of. Was on a form that she made me sign. They were already all spayed, she had some cute boys there but she wouldn't let me take them because of the risk with me current girl not being spayed, her boys had only been neutered for two weeks, and they cane still reproduce during that time period apparently.

·
Registered
672 Posts
That is where most of my rats came from, and Judi is one of the nicest people. Are ginger and peaches fawn Berkshire? If so I might have their brothers and sister, in my picture.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe they are, but ginger only had the brown or fawn coloring around her nose like a siamese point. I'm not that good with rat colors and coat names.. peaches has her coloring on the top of the head, its like a light creamy brown color.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Nope, doesn't sound like like they are related. There were two sisters that I didn't get. Ginger sounds like a Himalayan. The other a hooded, but I don't know what color. Fawn, maybe champagne? I am not an expert either. Well good luck with your new rats, they sound sweet. I was just talking to another member about pictures. I don't know how. Sorry!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is the only forum i have ever used, I'm so bad at things.. bleh. Judi said that around that time someone had dropped off a box full of 60 or so rats, there was like 6 momma rats and bunch of babies, so I'm sure a lot of them looked alike. But all that matters isn't that they are related but that they have good homes.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I completely agree with you. my three pictured are older and not from that bunch, however I do have two from those sixty, the only black one and a Himalayan dumbo. So maybe we do have sitters or at least cousins after all.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats cool, although i think I'm having issues with their introductions, but this is my first time doing this with rats. I've done it with gerbils but obviously different methods. I made a new thread if you wanna give me some advice there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts