Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend gave me this recipe for rat food, she called it Squebes. It has everything they need and I managed to mix up about half a garbage bag full for $15! They really like it too. Picasso is nibbling on it right now. This isn't my recipe though! Just for clarification it came from my friend Brittany who knows about all things rats, and any other animal for that matter.

1/2 to 1 lb. dry rolled oats

(1) 5.3 oz. box puffed wheat cereal (or you can use sheddies from the bulk barn-their cheaper)

(1) 6.4 oz. box puffed rice cereal (or you can use rice krispies from the bulk barn-also cheaper)

1/4 to 1/2 lb. roasted, unsalted soy nuts

1/2 lb dried fruits (use cranberries, and papaya. They also like banana chips)

1/2 lb dry pasta (make sure it’s the tri-color stuff)

1/4 lb sunflower seeds

I also add a little bran mix as well. I find they like it.

Mix the ingredients together with dog food (senior kind is better)-you can also get this at the bulk barn usually although they don’t have the senior brand, but that’s ok.

(1/2 diet should be dog food, and half the grain mix)

Personally, I left out the sunflower seeds, because Da Vinci is bad for wasting food by digging for them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Home of Suebee's diet: http://www.ratsrule.com/diet.html

Suebee's is indeed a great diet. It's important for the dog food to be senior or lite so that it fits the diet requirements for the mix. I recommend high quality dog foods like Innova Senior, Nutro Lite, or Wellness Lite.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You know.. I may have to downsize the recipe a little but I think I will try this! I'm really glad for this post, I feel terrible making them eat lab blocks as a main source. Of course I give them treats and fresh things but the blocks smell.. unappetizing to me lol. I never thought of making my own mix! Thanks a lot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts