Rat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had all the boys (which is 15) out and crawling all over me on the floor.

How fun was THAT??? hehehe

·
Registered
798 Posts
:| you're brave when i took out the 5 girls i almost had a heart attack everytime, 1 would get into something and just as i'd grab her to stop her 2 more would get into something else, and it just never ended, my heart rate has increased just thinking about it :p

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Aww, that does sound like so much fun! I love it when all 6 of my girls are crawling all over me at the same time. If I get up and leave for a minute, they all pile into my lap when I sit back down. It's so cute! Luckily, mine don't get into too much trouble, except for chewing on the speaker wires and trying to get down between the bed and the wall :roll: So playtime is just a lot of fun :D

·
Registered
798 Posts
BIG ones lol mine are specially made by my boyfriend, and house 7 rats at the moment, but can comfortably house 9 i think?

·
Registered
38 Posts
ok well i am sorry about asking soo many questions about this but i may need a bigger one so what is yous mae of i may be able to make one.and is it cheaper to make then buy (canada if that matters)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Gracie - never too many questions! ;)

Ferret cages are a good place to start, they are bigger.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i dont understand how youcan keep track of 15 rats out of the cage!!! i cant even imagine keeping track of 4!!! you are truely rat gods.lol

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I keep my 6 girls in a Ferret Nation 142, and my 3 boys in a Ferret Nation 141 (the 142 is two FNs stacked on top of each other - the boys would be in one of those too, but I just don't have the vertical space for it).

Ferret cages are the best size for rats, but typically the bar spacing is too wide for babies, most females, and small males. Luckily FNs are easily covered with hardware cloth, which is what I had to do with the girls' cage. There are lots of threads about FNs in the Rat Homes section ^_^

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
I call 15 ratties out at the same time Being Swarmed. I loooove it! :)

For cages, I have superpets, Hagen's for singles and emerg situations Martin Cages and an FN. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts