Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the perfect cage! Contacted the person who has it, great condition, 28 inches in length. 30 inches in width and 30 inches in height, and she can include the two levels! Just waiting for a final reply, and the cage is all down. And it was $30! Which means all the more money to get the toys and accessories. And rats, of course. My mom is crocheting a rat hammock, and I'll probably make an extra out of fabric.
Next is the hard part, picking from the many rats I've been looking at. I found some very friendly dumbo rats who will be 5 weeks old this weekend, and I am also looking at two cute shelter rats who are 6 weeks old. The only issue with them, is that they are located nearly an hour away and I'm not sure about that. Either way, I'd be getting rescues.
I think I'll be using my cat carrier and an old blanket to bring them home in. Has anyone had issues with cat carriers? This ones pretty small, I used it to take my cat and her kitten to the vet last year, the gate holes are pretty small too. Anyways, thank you all who gave me the tips, the date I'm getting them will be Saturday now. I'll post some pictures once I get them!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Woohoo! That's a great find. You didn't mention bar spacing, so if it or the cat carrier bar spacing happens to be over a half inch, you can use hardware cloth and metal zip ties to attach it to the cage and make it escape proof :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We got a reply on the cage, its ours on Saturday. I also had just gotten an answer on the dumbo and top eared mix, they happen to be 5 minutes away from the cage owner and we are picking out two after we get the cage. They are super cute, I might just 'accidentally' come home with three lol.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow! You are set! I have seen on this site and YouTube that rats travel pretty well. Make sure you post pics so we can see your new furries!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts