Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I was contacted my the local paper yesterday as they're doing a story on the local rat rescue, and wanted to talk to other people. Clark gave them my name and number as an adopter, and someone who has been fostering rats for him. I think the article turned out well, with one exception - they called me a veterinarian! As much as I would love that to be true, I'm just a vet tech student :p. I called to correct them ASAP. I think it was a nice article though, and paints rats in a positive light.

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/front/article/204106

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Great Rat PR!

That is a nice article. Now if only a similar one was written for the AP and printed in papers across North America, so everybody here could read about how great rats are.

As an aside, Clark has an awesome beard. I wonder how many rats could hide away in there, lol.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

A little update - there will be a national article! Canwest contacted both of us today.

Also, for our Maritime members- Clark has a feature on CTV news at 6

·
Registered
879 Posts

I like this article. I hope people will appreciate Rats more after this. And I hope it brings more love to his rescue.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

I wish people would stop getting the impression that rats are dirty filthy vermon ..

some people said the above the minute i got my rats!! i put them right not that i think they believe me ...mine are really clean !! they clean themself constantly ect
rats are friendly , lovely pets :D great article
Jess x

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i can't seem to find the stream of the tv clip. perhaps it isn't out yet? can anyone else find it?

"CTV Current Affairs - Self-proclaimed rat rescuer finds homes for rats" is what clarke said the name of it was on his site

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't find a clip online either, but maybe they'll put one up. I saw it on the news the night it aired, and it was very nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts