Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IsIs it okay to share my lime flavored greek yogurt with my boys? It is flavored with "less than 1% lime juice concentrate"
Help! I'm getting looks of why aren't you sharing

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yeah citrus can give male rats cancer but if you gave them normal yogurt than they would be very happy as almost all rats love it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't sure if concentrate would still have the D-limonene. They stick their noses up at vanilla! I opened vanilla up for them but they only wanted my lime. Silly ratties :p

·
Registered
953 Posts
Mine love strawberry best. I make mine own, using plain low fat yogurt and frozen berries (sometimes nuts)-makes a yummy frozen yogurt type thing. Second favorite is when I make yogurt, frozen banana's, chocolate and hazel nuts. Super yummy for all of us.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think it would be safer to give them plain greek yogurt, but also be aware it has a higher protein content than most yogurts. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually that's what I'm going for! They're little bubs on adult oxbow so I'm trying to find their favorite protein suppliments

·
Registered
953 Posts
Do you put the berries in whole or use a food processor?
I toss all into the food processor so it comes out like a soft frozen yogurt. Really tasty and healthy for both me and the rats.

If you don't have a food processor, I'd probably do plain yogurt and then fresh chopped up fruit which is tasty as well. Sprinkle a little nuts or grapenuts over it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts