Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and happy to be here! I have played with the idea of rats for absolute years. I am highly taken by intelligence in other species, and I think I'm at a point in my life where I can dedicate the time to my rats. I'm visiting home in Germany now but when I get back to Colorado I plan on building a nice cage (cheaper and hello, custom work :D) before getting a pair of the sweetest little problem solvers I'll know. I was happy there's literally a site called "rat forum" when I googled it =P

Thanks in advance for the many questions I'll be asking! (research is one thing, but I can't be so specific with google!)

-Travis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow, thanks for the resource!

It'll be fun putting anything and everything: ropes, hammocks, tunnels... the possibility is endless. And affixing wire screen to wood won't be that difficult, so after I get that down it's essentially all legos.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i would say when building the cage that make sure to add plenty of room for various hammocks and hanging toys, as rats like to jump around and climb in them. also dont put to much wood as the rats pee would abord into it when they back against walls to use the bathroom. And to avoid bumblefoot have solid flooring on the bottom, i would also advise putting fleece on the flooring ontop of it because it makes it softer and more colorful, and all ya gotta do is wash it when dirty. try litter box training the ratties aswell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts