Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I've used this site for reference for almost a month now and I figured it's time to come out of the shadows and join properly. So here goes :)

I'm Tiwohunter, the human companion for Shinji and Sousuke. Super bonus points if anyone can tell me where the names come from. Let's do a quick intro on the gents since this is mostly about them.

Let's start with Shinji. First thing, almost every day, he loves getting right up in my face and telling me all about his day. I don't really understand him but I listen and rub him and I think he has decided that I'm a loveable, if retarded, weird creature. He also thinks he's a dentist, an opthalmologist and an ENT doctor and he isn't shy about checking me out. After that, and he does it several times a day, he goes on his merry way, playing and climbing on the rat track I made him.

Sousuke is almost the opposite of Shinji. He's just a bit older (dunno how much, he was a feeder that I fell in love with and brought home) and I really think he had a bad experience with humans before he came to me. Sousuke does not like being held, but he will come to me and climb on my shoulder willingly. He squeals/squeaks something terrible when I try to pick him up though. I've been working with him and we are getting better, training each other as it were.

Lastly for me. This short intro has turned into a essay so I'll be quick. I have had many types of rodents (no hamsters, just...no) although rats have always been something special. So when my youngest asked for a mammal after his fish passed I immediately thought of the joy my rats brought me. They've worked their furry magic on the whole family and it's not uncommon to see my teen or my boyfriend plating with them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hiya, welcome. I'm new to the forums as well.

Your boys sound like right little characters. Sousuke sounds a bit like my Teddy - he dislikes being picked up but he loves climbing around and using me as his personal climbing frame lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts