Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I'm wanting to incorporate eyelets into my hammocks, however.. it's a little bit confusing.
There are so many little puncher things and bits and parts and.. well, I have no idea where to start!

I'm worried about some being too sharp, some not working right etc

Does anyone here know of a brand of eyelets/ some sort of tool that will work right for this?

On that note.. sewing machines. I'm tired of hand sewing, does anyone have any suggestions for a beginner sewing machine?
I'm so clueless, haha.

·
Registered
209 Posts
As for grommets, when you buy them you usually get a little tool to put them together, and they're pretty self explanatory.
As for the sewing machine, if you're just starting, just look for something affordable at a second hand shop or something. Older machines are sturdy. In Sweden I'd recommend Husqvarna/Viking or Bernina, but I don't know how easy they are to find outside of here. Singer is a good staple, but I don't personally love them. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
The specific models I like are Husqvarna(Viking) Automatic, Husqvarna(Viking) 5710 and Bernina Favorit - maybe you can do a google image search for them so you can get n idea of what to look for?
Oh, and I have to add, don't be tempted to buy one of those cheapo/travel size sewing machines - they seem like a good idea at first, but are usually not very good and may or may not skew you views on machine sewing. Speaking from experience here! :p They also don't tend to perform well with thick/multi-layered fabric.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts