Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to start, this isn't about my little girl over-grooming herself, it's about grooming me and my husband. She loves to clean fingers and arms and faces, what have you, even when they've just been washed. She also tries to groom my husband's beard (sometimes to his dismay when she uses her teeth). The thing is, she will sit and lick your fingers almost non-stop sometimes. I try to keep her away from my face since I wear makeup most of the time and I don't want her ingesting it. Does anyone else's rat do this? Are me and my husband that filthy?

Maybe we just taste good?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well, she doesn't have anyone else to groom, and rats constantly groom each other, so since you're her mischeif she's just showing you how very much she loves you.

At least she isn't cleaning your teeth or chewing down your nails (yet. :lol: )

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, she only seemed interested in my nails when I used to have acrylics. :)

I kind of figured this was nothing major, but I was curious. Looks like she might have another sister or two to clean sooner than expected though. Someone posted on Craigslist about several litters that were had by their rats and they're looking for some homes. They're so **** cute!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Babies tend to be cute. :lol:

Just make sure if you do get them that the boys and girls were separated at about 5 weeks, else you may bring home more rats than you bargained for. ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm planning on being extra careful on that account. I love baby rats, but I only have room for so many. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts