Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had dogs do this before, but never rats. We found a used condom under the bed with the resevoir tip entirely chewed off, presumably any "stuff" in there was eaten too. Is she going to be okay? I cleaned her cage today and looked for any weird poops but found none, however there was plenty of poop so I don't think she has a blockage. should I just watch her? Will she be okay?
Rest assured that the garbage can is on a shelf now!!!! Ew.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Awkward, lol. My rats have eaten so many nasty things.. similar to yours. If she isn't showing any signs of an issue, she's probably okay.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
LoL If she was going to have issues with it, you'd probably have seen them by now. Healthy poops and not choking on anything is a good start. Don't feel bad. I saw Chai hopping across the living room once, coming from the direction of the bathroom, dragging something behind her.

Since she really only hops around like a happy rabbit when she has something she isn't supposed to, I went to investigate. Apparently she opened the cabinet from under the sink, got into the trash can, and retrieved a used "time of the month" item... and was dragging it by the string.

I gagged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts