Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Yesterday my rats had a big and longish floor time in my room. I had time to hang with them a lot, and I noticed that Rosie was grunting as she ran around. I wasn't sure if it was just a happy sound or not, because she was having a blast wrapping me in toilet paper.
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but sometimes her skin covers her nose most of the way.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I googled my issue, and most people said that it's likely a respiratory problem.

And she isn't grunting all the time, just then, I noticed...

·
Registered
941 Posts
My rats seem to grunt when they're having a good time. Murlow especially grunts when he's up near my face, trying to get at my mouth, and when I'm wrestling with him. Unless there's anything else out of the ordinary going on, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I also looked it up, and everything I read told me it was a respiratory problem, but my rats have been grunting for a few months now, and are perfectly fine! I can't seem to find anything other than negative results regarding their grunting.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, that's great! It would be devastating if Rosie got sick, because I rescued her from the feeder bin and they told me she won't live long because she's been bred for feeders, not pets. (He also said she won't be social, hehe, she's the most social rat I've ever had xD )

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
941 Posts
All of my babies were bred as feeders, too! :p I personally think they're the best rats I've ever had, and so far no health issues!
Let's hope our rats stay healthy for their entire little lives! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts