Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone posted something about this, but I just went back 5 or 6 pages, and I had to have missed it - I can't find it to save myself. One of the younger girls, Marceline, is making what sounds like chirping noises. The closest I can think to compare it to is guinea pig noises. Not squeaking, not pain, not bruxing. She was climbing over Pan looking like she was trying to find her spot for bedtime and just... talking. I need to learn to speak rat.

This isn't the first time these noises have been made by them, Finn and Jake both have previously as well. I'm just figuring I ought to ask if this is something I ought to ask about, as it's not something I hear from any of them often.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
This is a sign of a URI that has advanced past the inaudible stages and needs to be treated immediately. Head to your vet for a round of antibiotics.

·
Registered
168 Posts
One of my girls makes the same sounds and I too have been thinking that she is talking. Now I'm worried and will contact the vet. As soon as she can be seen...which may be a few days...I will provide an update on what the vet said. Should you get your girl checked out soon, I'd appreciate an update.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts