Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have an odd question.

Has anyone else experienced a rat whose tummy gurgles? One of my new little girls is obsessed with face licking, and whilst doing it I've noticed that her tummy makes gurgling sound (much like digestion noises if you listen to peoples tummy). I wasn't aware that they did this - as none of my others have such a noisy little belly.

Is it normal do you think? Or should it be something I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. I've been super observant and she is the only one who does it!

Does anyone have any ideas? It's got me stumped, as there's absolutely nothing wrong with her (except being a big furry bundle of curiousity!)

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never listened to her licking herself. The only time I hear it is when she's sitting on my shoulder or chest licking my face. When I hold her up to my ear to listen, there's nothing!

And she better not be hungry, because I heard it today just after she polished off what was left of my pasta dinner! Lol

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
hmm..... im not sure what it could be, was she bruxing, because sometimes mine make that sound when they brux. sorry, i read the licking part wrong :oops: just have a vet number handy incase she shows signs of illness, she could be cold maybe

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's definately got me completely stumped. It's not a bruxing noise..it's exactly like when your tummy gurgles, only it's when she's licking my face. Lol. Maybe it's just an odd quirk she has?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts