Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

So...'Gustus learned the word "pet" awhile ago, along with "gentle." Up until last night, mostly this was in the context of me trying to pet him while he ran around with youthful energy.

But last night, Gus figured out how to "demand" petting. 8O We usually play on the bed together - he has his own pillow and pillowcase that he can chew without getting in trouble.

Well, he THREW his body down in front of me, got comfortable, stretched out, and then looked at me, as if to say, "Well????" I must have pet him for over an hour last night.

Tonight, he did the same thing, in the same place, but he wanted a LOT more petting! When all was said and done, I pet him for 2 1/2 hours.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love Gus, and I love to pet him, and I am so glad that he is affectionate, and enjoys being massaged. It's a pleasure for me.

But, unlike Mr. Shut My Eyes And Enjoy The Bodyrub, I need breaks sometimes...to take a sip of soda, or maybe to use the restroom.

And if I try to take a break, he gives me "those eyes." You know the ones. "Why are you leaving, Mommy? I thought you loved me! Won't you pet me?" I'm a sucker for those gorgeous eyes, and I hate interrupting a good pet, so usually, I just give him his way.

Anybody else have this going on?

I guess the "up" side of this is that I'm a freelance artist, and can arrange my schedule to pet him for as long as he wants...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
iriquois does that to me ALL the time when ever i walk past the cage in the morning he puts his paws up onthe bars and just looks at me sooo sad like Mommy why am i not out there with you yet? also he is a talker so his little mouth goes a mile a minute while looking at me like that he is so adorable

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
LOL that is amazing. i can't seem to get picasso to stay still long enough to pet her. maybe if she let me she would realize that she enjoys it...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try to catch her when she's sleeping. She'll gradually realize she likes it!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It's rare that we get that with our girls. Maybe when they're old and lazy... :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts