Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my newest rat, Gwendolyn, about a month and a half to two months ago. She was a feeder rat, and was TINY when I got her. She was very shy, but was generally good with being held- she wouldn't make much of a mess. I was really surprised by her- she learned her name in about four days.

However, she STILL hasn't gotten used to me. I try to spend about 20 minutes a day with her, yet she doesn't want to come near me at all. If I let them have free range play in my room, she just runs right under my bed. However, she's much more social if I do free range play in the hallway (I just don't like doing that as much, since the girls don't have a ton to do out there).

Basically, I just want to know what I should do with her to help her to bond better. I've never had this problem with my other girls, so it's pretty confusing. Any input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Put toys down in the hallway for the other girls and continue your work with your girl. 20 mins is the minimum you should work with her. Have you considered a bonding sack maybe? How do you work with her, have her in your lap or ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts