Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've read my earlier post, you'll know that I was having troubles with someone bullying Ivy and Olive. Well last night when I went to let them out, poor Ivy had almost all the hair of her forehead plucked off! Up until now, I've been hesitant to separate anyone because I wasn't sure who was doing the bullying but while I was fussing over Olive and Ivy, I looked into the cage and was shocked to see Tip attacking her own mother! She was biting at Mamma's tail in a way that was just outright mean. Then she jumped on her back when she tried to walk away and was scratching/biting at her neck hard enough to leave marks!

I just don't know what's wrong with her. Mamma has been making progress by leaps and bounds. She's gotten comfortable climbing from the cage up my arm and onto my shoulder, she's even started bossing where she wants me to put her when she's out of the cage. On the bed, on the desk, up to check out the stuff stored on top the cage... How can she be doing so well and Tip, who's been snuggled and spoiled from day one, be turning out so rotten?! Anyway, she's four weeks old and eating hard food. I know it isn't ideal to separate her just yet but I can't let her continue to bully the other rats! So she's been moved into a separate cage of her own. I'm starting to think she might need to be an only rat because she is just so mean to everyone else! Hopefully I'll be able to find her new home soon with someone that will spoil her forever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts