Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Billy and Prismo went at it today - what I'm trying to figure out is, when furry rats go at it, is this what it would look like if there were no hair? Or is this a particularly bad one? All the scratches are shallow, nothing is deep, but my word does it look like ****. That's Prismo in the photo. Billy doesn't hahave any marks. They seem fine together now. I want to say Prismo is a little twitchy, but I can't guarantee its not just my imagination.

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ow, poor little guy! Hairless rats don't have the fur to protect them from other rats nails, so while furry rats probably have some scratches from fighting, it's not usually as bad as this. I remember when I had two hairless boys a few years ago, one of the furry rats scratched him across the back and i was super panicked because it looked awful, it did clear up in three days or so though.

Regardless of their tendency to get scratches here and there, you can't really allow this to continue, those scratches look deeper than the ones that hairless rats tend to collect from day to day. Keep a very close eye on them and if this happens again, it might be worth considering neutering either Billy or both of them.

Hope everything turns out okay for you and your boys!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I definitely plan to have them both clipped, im just getting the money together for it - we have 5 boys, and the original intent was to get them all done at once. Im beginning to think though that it might be prudent to just go ahead and get the hairless two done now. While Prismo doesn't have behaviour issues, I'd just as soon have them both done.

But yeah, this is the first time I have ever seen it like this. Usually it's just one or two very small, very light scratches. But today? Man alive. Its BAD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts