Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried running down with both olive oil and coconut oil (two to three times a week) and they're still dry. The air hasn't been particularly dry in my apartment, so I don't think that's causing it. Do I need to do the oil more often? Different oil? Is there some sort of exfoliant I should be doing prior to the oil?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I read somewhere that getting your rat to eat a piece of bread (not a full one haha) dipped in olive oil once a week, also helps with dry skin.
I did it for my rat, Bear.. Who has black fur and had major dandruff. It works!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that - Neither of them will touch it. I feel like it's similar to wrapping a pill in a piece of cheese for a dog and they eat the cheese and spit out the pill - They KNOW it has something to do with making them well, so they won't do it because it would be helpful to the human. Toddlers, they are.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I tried that - Neither of them will touch it. I feel like it's similar to wrapping a pill in a piece of cheese for a dog and they eat the cheese and spit out the pill - They KNOW it has something to do with making them well, so they won't do it because it would be helpful to the human. Toddlers, they are.
Hahaha, that suuucks. That's how I feel when I try to give Spaghetti antibiotics.. It's a struggle.
And he's such a pig, too. It's so weird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts