Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
I'd like to add a hairless to my rattie family. Preferably hairless dumbo, but any type would do. No where local has them. Would you guys know of any trustworthy breeders in the US? I live in Florida. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
good luck with that... I'm in Florida too & I looked for well over a year before I gave up & used a local source.

I only know of one person in Florida that has really good line of nakeds but they only have a litter once in a great while & of course there are only a few in each litter that turn out to be naked. They are also extremely particular about who they adopt to & to my knowledge they only let their babies go via Bella's site & she is just as particular about who she let's babies go to.

Florida is a darn hard location to get breeder rats. Most ratteries don't last because most every link you can find is dead, invalid or abandoned. It seems there are far more breeders up north & out west.

Good luck with that.

May I ask where you are located? Maybe I can check with local sources but of course, these are not the rare pedigreed types.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see you're from West Palm, I'm about an hour and 30 minutes north in the Vero Beach area. Yea a lot of the rattery links I've tried on the internet are dead, or haven't been updated since 2001! I have a few emails out there to a couple hairless ratteries I found, but Im not holding my breath, as most of them don't ship, or if they do, they charge $100+ just for shipping. Where did you end up getting yours from?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts