Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ratkijiji.jpg
I saw this ad and I have a friend who lives near me who owns two rats. She told me she wanted to get another rat so I told her I had been in contact with the woman who owns this poor little rat and she said that she'd take him! So today I went and picked him up.. turns out he is definitely a she. A very round she!!!
The woman claims that she was three weeks when she got her, but I don't know how credible that is... All I know is she is very young still and that she looks chunky.. is she pregnant or just fat?
I am going to get a scale so I can start weighing her.. But I don't really know what to do from this point on! ?????????
Here's some pictures!
rat1.jpg rat2.jpg rat3.jpg rat4.jpg
rat7.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
It's extremely possible as she's looks a little older than six weeks and her nipples are very prominent and she is rather round. I'd start bulking her up with high protein foods, put her on oxbow young rat and mouse food as she needs to be on a high protein diet till 12 weeks of age. Start making a maternity tank with lots of soft bedding, i used a carefresh off brand that was white so i could tell when she was in labor.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't know. Her tummy looks about the same as my girls who are 5 mths old. They all have very cute round tummies but none of them are pregnant. They are just well fed. Definitely start weighing her and watching for changes. If that woman who had her lied about the age when she got her, she might have lied about other things....like knowing she's pregnant and that's the real reason she wanted to get rid of her ASAP.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Yeah I have already switched her over to oxbow and said up a (possible babies) safe cage for her.
I'll start feeding her stuff high in protein!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
If you want you can confirm with a vet
I agree with Zabora. I would check with a vet. This way she gets a checkup even if she's not preggers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts