Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long struggle but they finally use hammocks! It's like they all decided at once hammocks were pretty cool.

Sydney

Stanley

Sylvester

Even grumpy butt Igor loves his hammock

And so the babies don't feel left out (Tyrion and Tarley)

·
Registered
730 Posts
I always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I see a rat finally learn how to use a hammock. That doubles when the rat has spent their life in less the ideal conditions, and finally gets the treatment the deserve :D.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice pictures, they look so comfy in their hammock. My guys never took to theirs but looking back maybe it was too soon. I'll give them another try now.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My girls took a whilte to "get" hammocks, too, but I found something that helps- their favorites are the ones that are covered. As in, their first favorie I clipped underneath a shelf, so it's dark and cozy underneath. All their other hammocks they refuse to use until I add a "canopy," and then they're all over those! It's as easy as cutting another square and just clipping it on top of the cage, it doesn't even have to be on the inside.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
CaptainFlow said:
My girls took a whilte to "get" hammocks, too, but I found something that helps- their favorites are the ones that are covered. As in, their first favorie I clipped underneath a shelf, so it's dark and cozy underneath. All their other hammocks they refuse to use until I add a "canopy," and then they're all over those! It's as easy as cutting another square and just clipping it on top of the cage, it doesn't even have to be on the inside.
My boys love 'canopy' hammocks too! And if it doesn't have one, they'll make one (by chewing apart the two layers of fleece! :roll: )

·
Registered
520 Posts
reachthestars said:
I always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I see a rat finally learn how to use a hammock. That doubles when the rat has spent their life in less the ideal conditions, and finally gets the treatment the deserve :D.
Amen. My favorite thing in the world is watching new ones climb around a big cage for the first time, eat good food, lay in a clean, soft hammock for the first time.

It is a second chance at a good life. :)

We all need a second chance, at some point.

I know I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts