Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen several diy hammocks on the site that have grommets in the corners for hanging them. I was wondering where I could find grommet pliers. Anyone know? I've got all sorts of places in the area, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowe's and the like.

·
Registered
447 Posts
hehe ur all over for information aren't you? lol well n e ways grommets and grommet pliers can probably be found at any of the place's u listed just call and ask them if they have em. You get your cage yet>??

And as long as you get the cage dont worry about what the ratties will think just add a few things here and there they will always find a way to have fun trust me lol....... =) You should lay down newspaper on the floor and potty train the ratties to a small litter dish right away kk! =)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe. Yeah, I am. I try to research things very well before I actually invest the money/time/energy in them. My husband and I had lizards previously, which I did not research, and we lost three pair and never figured out what was wrong. I really don't want the same to happen with our rats.

Nope, no cage yet. It's still in PA according to tracking.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You should reallylook into a backup plan in case u get rats before u get the cage!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We won't get rats before we get the cage. I'm supposed to get them for my birthday, and that's tomorrow, but we won't go out and buy them before the cage gets here. :) We've got a few other things in the apartment that need to be cleaned out and rearranged before we can have space for the cage anyway, and my husband has some huge projects yet to do for college, so it looks like it'll be a few weeks yet before we can actually get rats. :(

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well happy b-day and i hope ur cage comes fast!!! its already been 3 days since u ordered it right? You already kno where ur getting ur rats at?? If your answer is a pet store thats allright but its a gamble... If u can find a reputable breeder before that time and get a a pair of same sex rats from the breeder ull be in good hands as those rats are bred to be good, clean, and well behaved rats. Pet stores are usually sick and a sad excuse for an animal loving business. Pet smart is as good as a breeder tho!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would love to get rats from a breeder, but unfortunately I live in Oklahoma. There aren't any breeders in the area that I've been able to find. I did find some rats at a shelter nearby though, through Petfinder.com. They have 5 bucks and 3 does. So it will just be a matter of whether they still have them when we get everything set up or not. If they don't, I'll probably be getting them from a PetSmart. I know there are issues, but I don't have a whole lot of options.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Petsmart is ten times better than a regular pet shop and so is the shelter except from the shelter ur getting animals that are unwanted to alot of love is need to make them good pets! get the youngest healthy ones they have! make sure u play with the rats and make sure they are very freindly before buying one if u arent happy with the place do not i repeat do not buy because ull regret it later!!! ive been there and it isnt fun.....

Good luck... and if u get them from petsmart ask how old the ratties are and make sure they arent big adults yet because they will be hard to get along and train... 6weeks is the youngest id buy a rat and 4months is the oldest id buy one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts