Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Does anyone happen to have any patterns for making those one side fleece one side fabric mats and hammocks and stuff?

It would be cool to post them online so we could all make our babies some nice bedding!! :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
730 Posts
The best thing you can do is just experiment, that's how most of us learned ;). I find if I'm having trouble with something I'll buy one from someone, and then take a look at how it's made.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Well I made my own mats fro each level of my cage...I dont know if thats what your thinking of?

http://www.ratforum.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2903.html

How I made the mats:

1. I got cardboard/thick construction paper and cut out the correct dementions to fit each level.

2. Coverd each cardboard cutout with a fabric (you can choose whatever colors you want of course). I used hotglue to hold the fabric to the cutout.

3. Cover again, but this time with a heavy duty plastic. I baught my plastic at OSH for about $1.50 a foot (but I believe it comes 4-5 ft by whatever foot you want). I again used hotglue to hold the plastic down.

4. Optional: hotglue kitchen grip to the back of the mat (the side that doesnt have the deco fabric). This is just to help the mat stay in place.

For me to make 3 BIG mats, cost me no more than $20.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts