Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
my rats wouldnt touch their hammock at first, i came home the other day and they were both curled up in the pee soaked hammock, how cute! (and stinky)

·
Registered
549 Posts
sometimes it takes a while for them to catch on, I have one boy who really loves his tube hammocks but the others wont touch them

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine didnt take to his right away either....until the males from his litter were put back in with him....he figured out he could get away from them up there when he got tired of all the rowdy boys....now i usually find all 3 of em curled up in it....I wasnt sure how he would like it in the beginning so i didnt bother wasting the money on a good one so i made one out a an Olive Garden cloth table napin folded in half....they have since chewed the **** out of it and sleep in the middle of the 2 folds. try putting her fave. treats in there, it might coax her into it and she may find she likes it after all.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wow, I didn't realize everyone's stories were so similar. My rats didn't use the hammock for the first 3 weeks that I had them, but then all of a sudden they decided they liked to sleep in it and now cuddle up together in it at least once a day.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine used there hammock as a big chew toy... it lasted a week before they chewed through the straps. I give them old hats, beanies, towels, etc... they seem more content. I recently gave them a beanie, it has 2 layers of fabric... well Lucy chewed a hole in that today and found a way to get inside it, they absolutely love it... it'll last another week before they tear it into threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts