Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your rats chew on the hammocks all the time and destroy them or do they leave them alone other than sleeping in them? Last time I tried to use a hammock for a rat they chewed all the straps off it overnight. I have been thinking of trying hammocks again but I'm unsure. It will suck if they chew them down the first night they are in there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
u could try those small chains to hang it up they cant chew through it unless it has super teeth and really really strong jaws

·
Registered
546 Posts
hey, my rats are hammock-chewers as well, and i've been experimenting to try to keep the hammocks up. i discovered that mine leave them up if i use paperclips to hook the corners to the cage. i've also been hanging up a lot of other things, like plastic storage bins/baskets and an old exercize ball, wiring them to the side and putting fleece inside for comfort. these have been pretty successful.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have grommets/eyelets in the corners of mine with paperclips to hold them.
It would probably be a lot more sturdy than just tying them up and less ware on the fabric too.
Seeing as I don't have my rats yet, I'm not sure whether they will chew on them or not, though.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I use a bluejeans cutoff and safety pins so I don't care if she destroys it any more. Which she always does. But she's happy, what more could I ask for?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts