Rat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using zip ties and my little guys figured out that they can chew through them.

I am using binder rings for our other rat but the way i have the hammocks in the cage with two rats binder clips will not work. at least for one corner of each. I guess I could make a chain but that would be a bit cumbersome.

Any other ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

Shower hooks! Best things, EVER. You can find them at Wal-Mart, hardware stores, dollar stores... Or, we sell them for 4/$1 (plus the cost of a stamp if how many you order fits into an envelope) if you want to support rescue. ;)

I'd never use anything else at this point!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I use paper clips too ^_^ But I would like some of those shower hook things... the paper clips get all bent and ugly looking ^^;

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I use paper clips too ^_^ But I would like some of those shower hook things... the paper clips get all bent and ugly looking ^^;

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I just hook them to the cage. Sometimes I have to bend it out a little bit to fit around the wire (I have little paper clips), and sometimes they bend because of the weight of the rats.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i use split-rings... the metal type used for rod-pockets drapes.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I keep seeing hammocks with the rivet-looking things in the corners. Where do you get those and how is it done?

I have to sew loops into the corners of mine... :-(

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Sparker said:
I keep seeing hammocks with the rivet-looking things in the corners. Where do you get those and how is it done?

I have to sew loops into the corners of mine... :-(
you're in the states, you should be able to get a craft riveter at joannes or michaels or whatever craft supply stores you have in your part of california... just ask the assistants in the stores.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can even get rivits at walmart. The best quality ones that I have found though are at REI.

I ended up using some paper clips till I can come up with something a little better.

The shower rings is a great idea I might use those. Right now I have binder rings and I dont like them all too much.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thanks, guys. Yay rivets!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Although we hate it (wally world) we did go there and they have huge paper clips. They are probably about 6" long and work fantastically.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts