Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Well I'm very happy to report the introduction of my new baby Magick and my girl Raven is going beautifully ever since I put them together yesterday. Magick's real happy to get into the big cage and not be stuck in the little temp. cage anymore! But something I noticed is that Raven's lying on her platform, hanging her head off of it. I noticed it last night as well. Now, Magick's quite rambunctious, and her interaction with Raven is a bit like a kitten bothering an old tom cat. Could it be that Magick is just tuckering Raven out? Raven's fine besides that, so I don't think she's sick. The only other odd thing I've noticed is that some of Raven's poops are a bit long, like twice the length of normal. She's behaving fine though, and it wasn't diarhhea or anything of that like, so I again, I don't think she's ill. Have any of your rats ever done this?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I noticed one of my boys doing this just last week. I think they are feeling very sleepy and lazy, but also want to watch what's going on down below to see what the other rats might be up to, so they just doze off while watching and end up hanging their head off. Looks very uncomfortable! I don't think it's anything to worry about though, but I'm just assuming that's why they do that. Glad the intros went well for your girls!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts